- 18 years experience in the commercial photography sector
- All the elements you would expect plus a great customer focused experience
- We take the needs of our clients seriously and add creative input where required
- Our creative flair helps where art direction isn't available
- Lindsay's personality, likeability and attention to detail ensures repeat business
- Truly competitive and professional service
On completing college Lindsay joined a professional photography studio and worked as an assistant for over 10 years. Those ten years were invaluable to his development, as they gave him the experience, knowledge and determination on how to be a good photographer as well as how to run a successful photography business.
Lindsay has been running his commercial photography business for the past eight years. With a fully equipped digital studio he can offer both studio and location photography for his clients. With the experience that he has gained it has made him very adaptable, from one day shooting a PR event to the next building a complicated room-set.
Lindsay has been lucky enough to gain a variety of experience and enjoys working with a cross section of clients. As a company we have worked with design directors to company directors adding creativity and ideas as required.
- This may not deliver great quality
- It may affect your brand perception and lack consistency
- You may not portray the right images and signals to your customers
- Using a professional photographer ensures you receive fantastic images
- You want to stand out against your competitors for the right reason!
- Advertising photography – using images to help sell a service or product either on location or studio based.
- Interior photography – either location or studio based.
- Architectural photography – for architects, housing and building companies
- PR photography – usually location based, and can be anything from a shot for a company magazine to recording events such as awards ceremonies.
- Portrait photography – specifically corporate images
- The tranquillity of our location offers a peaceful and calming environment
- Obviously being based near Bristol we cover Bristol and the surrounding areas
- We are located five minutes from Bristol airport which gives great access across the UK and Europe
- With a great road network which offers us access to not only the South West but the M4 corridor, South Wales, the midlands as well as the rest of the country.
We have a friendly and professional team that aren’t full time employees but have an outstanding amount of experience. They range from assistants, stylists to set designers. We call upon those required as per our client needs.
The copyright is retained by Photographers. Photographers will always own the copyright unless this has been negotiated. By-outs are always an option. However if any of the images are reproduced without permission this is an infringement of copyright.
At Lindsay Fowke Photography we have put a huge investment into the digital medium format equipment. The demand for film has decreased significantly. However we can still offer this option if required by clients.
As with anything you will get two different views. However in our opinion there is very little difference now. With the continued improvements in digital technology the quality gets better and better. We continue to keep up with the latest equipment. The biggest advantages with digital are the convenience and speed that it offers enabling fast turnaround with high quality that is easily downloadable from the Internet.
Once the shots have been completed there is a process called file handling or post production. Although minimal this is an essential part of the process. The images are then backed up and final adjustments made. These adjustments will include reviewing the exposure, colour balance and tonal range on a calibrated monitor. All this ensures the shot is an accurate representation. Finally the images are saved as TIFF’s (large files) as well as JPEG’s (smaller files).
JPEG is a file format that provides a way of compressing images. It's possible to vary the amount of compressions depending on the quality needed, the less the amount of compressions, the less quality is lost and vice versa.
TIFF is the format of choice for archiving important images. TIFF is the leading commercial and professional image standard. TIFF is the most universal and most widely supported format across all platforms, Mac, Windows.
The images can be sent on a CD, DVD or blu-ray as per client request. They can also be uploaded onto a server or emailed.
All images are high-resolution in the form of TIFF files, along with low-resolution files JPEGs. We also include a PDF contact sheet with each disk.
We can supply the files to your requirement. If there are any special requirements then its best to talk through these before a shoot begins. We will always shoot in as higher resolution as possible to give maximum flexibility.
RGB stands for red, green and blue which are added together in various ways to reproduce a broad array of colours. The name of the model is the additive colour model and comes from the initials of the three additive primary colours, red, green, and blue. The main purpose of the RGB colour model is for the sensing, representation, and display of images in electronic systems, such as televisions and computers as well as photography.
CMYK is short for cyan, magenta, yellow, and key (black). It is often referred to as four colour or process colour and is used in colour printing. Though it can vary between printers it is typically applied in the order of the abbreviation.